Waste Not Want Not




When the ladies were packing up the fruit and vegetable on Wednesday they told me that there was a plastic bag to go to the chooks. Looking at the produce I realized that it could be saved and just needed to cut out bad bits.  I decided I would cook it up using the thermowhizz.  I searched on the internet and found this recipe:-
http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/sauces-dips-spreads-recipes/tomato-paste-concentrate/144377
I cooked this and then washed the bowl and meanwhile had peeled the apples and cut them into quarters.  I placed them in the jug with 100ml of water and cooked them on 100 deg for 1 mins.
This afternoon I thought it would be nice to make a pizza with the left over tomato paste.  I had heard people talk about the yoghurt dough for pizza but I had not had tried it.  The recipe is here:-

http://blog.stickstitchcut.com/2013/06/yoghurt-pizza-dough.html



I am now using the machine to make yoghurt as used the last lot in the pizza dough.  This amount gave me two pizzas.  We ate one for dinner and the other will be for tomorrow.  The dough was very enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts