Camembert and Fermented Vegetables


This week I have been researching fermenting vegetables.  I have never tasted them before but believe that they are very good for you.  What I did was mix one and half tablespoons of sea salt with two cups of filtered water.  I used two of my fowlers vacola bottles and filled them with grated carrot, beans, shredded cabbage and filled with the brine leaving about an inch and placing a cabbage leaf on top so that it holds the vegetables under the brine.  You leave on the bench until it tastes to your liking.  I will let you know if I like it or not.  I haven't made cheese since the beginning of the year so I was thrilled to be able to make two lots of camembert cheese.  They are out on the bench to allow them to dry and then they will go into the cheese cave tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts